2017 Event Schedule
Saturday, February 11th to Sunday, June 11th
As the second part of our special plans celebrating the 150th anniversary of the birth of Sakichi Toyoda, this special exhibit explores Sakichi’s life spent in tireless research and creativity, devoting his entire life to inventing looms until he perfected his ultimate goal of a “fully-automatic loom” at the age of 57, as well as the people who shared his ambition and gave their support.
Saturday, October 7th to Sunday, December 10th
We will soon hold the 5th special exhibition celebrating the 150th anniversary of the birth of Sakichi Toyoda.
Inventor Sakichi Toyoda had a dream to enrich Japanese society and make people happy. This exhibition will showcase the technology and initiatives developed by Toyoda Group that enrich our everyday lives, showing how Sakichi’s vision is being carried on to this day by each of the companies in the Toyoda Group.
Saturday, January 7th and Sunday, January 8th
Winter Holiday Discovery and Experience Museum
During the winter break, we will be holding a two-day crafts event that is fun for everyone.
• A mysterious object that climbs uphill (First 200 people/day) Target: Elementary school students
• Make a switch light powered by electromagnetic waves (First 100 people/day) Target: 4th year elementary school to 3rd year junior high school students
• Make a fluffy cushion (First 150 people/day) Target: Elementary school students
Saturday, April 1st and Sunday, April 2nd
Spring Holiday Discovery and Experience Museum
During the spring break, we will be holding a two-day crafts event that is fun for everyone.
• Generate Electricity with a Whirligig (Max. 100 people per day; first come, first served) for elementary and middle school students
• Try Spinning Yarn with a Spindle (Max. 200 people per day; first come, first served) for elementary and middle school students
• Make a Bookmark (Max. 100 people per day; first come, first served) for ages 9–15
Tuesday, April 11th to Sunday, April 23rd
Eureka! Invention Festival
An exhibition of displays, lectures, production events, and more based on the celebration of Invention Day on 4/18
Saturday, June 10th and Sunday, June 11th
“Norinori Weekend” Grand Opening Commemorative Event (free admission)
Featuring a wide variety of events including ride-together test drives of vehicles such as the first-generation Toyota Crown as well as Toyoda AA sedan and G1 truck driving exhibits
Saturday, August 19th and Sunday August 20th
Summer Holiday Discovery and Experience Museum
We will host a Craftsmanship Event for 2 days during summer vacation.
– Mirco-World! Make a card microscope [accepting first 150 visitors/day] Target audience: ES/JHS Students
– Twirling and Whirling ◎ Roller coaster car [accepting first 70 visitors/day] Target audience: ES 4th Grade ～ JHS 3rd Grade Students
– Colorful☆Make a braided cord [accepting first 200 visitors/day] Target audience: ES/JHS Students
Saturday, September 2nd and Friday, September 8th
Tour of Sites Related to Sakichi Toyoda
A one-day bus tour visiting sites connected with Sakichi (the museum itself, Sakichi Toyoda Memorial House, and more).