2019 Event Schedule
Saturday, April 20th to Sunday, June 9th
Toyota Collection Exhibit “Measuring Time: the Sense of Time and Mechanisms Seen in Japanese-style Clocks”
Clocks are an integral part of our daily lives. The people of the Edo period, who lived their lives in tune with the rhythm of sunrise and sunset, created Japanese clocks which measured time differently between day and night. This exhibition will introduce the sense of time and mechanisms hidden within these clocks.
Mid-September to mid-November (Tentative)
Planned Exhibition “Toyota Group Origins Exhibit (Working Title)”
We will exhibit items and product technologies which served as the starting point for Toyota Group companies, and introduce their origins.
Saturday, January 5th and Sunday, January 6th
Winter Holiday Discovery and Experience Museum
We will be holding craft events for elementary and junior high school students for two days during the winter holidays.
– Make a G1 truck out of cardboard (first 100 applicants per day). For: elementary and junior high school students.
– Get your strength back! Pneumatic motor class (first 150 applicants per day). For: elementary and junior high school students.
– Make a warm mini scarf♪ (first 150 applicants per day). For: elementary and junior high school students.
Saturday, March 16th and Sunday, March 17th
Toyota Engineering Society Idea Olympics Works Exhibition
We will be exhibiting the works displayed at this fall’s Idea Olympics.
Saturday, March 30th and Sunday, March 31st
Spring Vacation Discovery Experience Museum
We will be holding craft events for elementary and junior high school students for two days during the spring holidays.
– Make Your Own Dome-Shaped Conductivity Checker☆ (First 100 applicants per day) For: elementary school aged children in the 4th-3rd grade
– Go Go Go! Spring-Powered Racecar (First 200 applicants per day) For: children of elementary school age
– Fabric Weaving Experience: Make Your Own Round Coaster (First 200 applicants per day) For: elementary school aged children
Saturday, June 8th and Sunday, June 9th
25th Anniversary Special Event “Nori-Nori Weekend”
“Admission will be free, and we will be holding a variety of fun events, including the following program.
◎ Driving demos of the AA passenger car/G1 truck
◎ Test rides in the first generation Crown/ Corolla Sprinter/ first generation Celsior
◎ Weaving experience
◎ Special guided tour” And much more
Saturday, August 17th and Sunday, August 18th
Summer Vacation Discovery Experience Museum
We will be holding events that will allow visitors to experience the joy of crafting.
September and October (Tentative)
Special 25th Anniversary Bus Tour
We will be holding a bus tour centering on the Toyota Group locations in the Kariya area, including the birthplace of Toyota’s automobile manufacturing.